Friday, September 3, 2021

different shapes






First one: I can see there are four blocks coloured in white and black i can also see that black has three blocks and white has 1. That means if it were out of 100% white would be 25% and black would be 75%.Answer- white 25% Black 75%


Second one:From this one I can see that there are 5 blocks and the colors are blue and red.If there are five blocks the percentage I would use is 100% red would be 20% and blue would be 80%.Answer-Red 20% blue 80%


Third one: From this one I can see there are 8 blocks and the colours are yellow and red. I can also see that there are two red blocks and six yellow blocks. The percentage I would use is 100% again because I can also use decimals.So first I used 100 divided 8 which gave the answer 12.5 for each one and I just need to use 12.5 plus 12.5 which is 25% so I know that reds percentage is 25%.For the  yellow part I know that red is 25% and i just need to add something that would make 100 that is 75 so now I know that yellows percentage is 75%.Answer- red 25% yellow-75% 

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Morton. Thanks for sharing your maths understandings. Ratios can be very tricky. I am very impressed with your cube representations of ratios. I can see you have a good understanding of the fractions, percentages and ratios as you have described in your blog. Ka pai Morton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Morton,

    I love reading your blog because you described in detail your working out. It showed me your understanding between % and decimals. I also like reading your blog because you have used paragraphs.

    Looking forward to future blog posts,
    Miss Laxa

    ReplyDelete